Vehicle Crash Camera
The Vehicle Crash Camera is a micro sized ARM processor based AV camera for the continuous recording of in-vehicle HD quality video and sound. Fitted with an accelerometer for crash detection the camera records video before and after a crash event and can download this to the connected controller. Designer Systems developed the device hardware and software which includes the following features:
- Low power 400MHz ARM926 based SoC featuring 64MB DDR and H.264/MJPEG hardware compression.
- Embedded Linux system.
- On-board RTC with super-capacitor backup.
- 720p (1280x720) 120 degree lens video camera.
- 16MB Serial FLASH for boot loader.
- Ultra low power 3D Accelerometer for crash detection.
- Micro-SD card socket for 128MB - 32GB cards.
- Dedicated UART interface for video download to central controller.
- Micro-USB connection for SD card file access.
- GPS daughter board for location and accurate GPS time.